Close-up Food Photography
Professional Food photographer, Sue Atkinson offers Food Photography Masterclasses in her London studio, including a one day course on Close-up Food Photography. This course will introduce her approach to close-up and macro food photography both for commissioned commercial food photography requirements and personal interpretation.
Close up Food Photography: One day talk/demonstration
Through discussion of her own work Sue Atkinson will introduce close-up and macro approaches to food photography both for commissioned commercial requirements and personal interpretation.
She will then demonstrate techniques for working with close-ups of cooked and still-life food subjects including technical and aesthetic considerations as appropriate to a given brief.
The workshop will also cover:
- selection of backgrounds, and specifically shooting against black or white
- set-up techniques and toolkit essentials
- the role of the specialist food stylist
- interpreting the subject
- lighting for texture and form
- camera angle and selection of lenses
- pattern and symmetry in composition
- depth of field and focus techniques
- capturing movement
- composition and working to a layout
The day will conclude with discussion on special food subjects and treatments, such as ice cream and pizza and a Q&A session.