Professional Food Photography
Professional food photographer, Sue Atkinson runs a one-day professional food photography masterclass from her London studio. The one-day photography course introduces the sort of professional briefs a food photographer is likely to be asked to fulfill and through discussion and practical workshop demonstration follows through the interpretation of a given brief to its final delivery stage.
Professional Food Photography: One-day stage two workshop/discussion
In this one-day workshop Sue Atkinson will provide an introduction to the sort of professional briefs a food photographer is likely to be asked to fulfill and through discussion and practical demonstration work through the interpretation of a given brief to its final delivery stage.
Discussion of requirements of different fields of commissioned commercial food photography - editorial, packaging, advertising, social media, will be followed by demonstrations after which you will have the opportunity to take your own shots of the set-ups:
1. simple recipe photography working with flash and a digital back/camera tethered to Capture One
2. shooting food to fit a layout in Capture One
The workshop will also cover:
- the brief as set by different types of clients
- interpreting the brief - asking the right questions
- photographic style and treatment, "mood boards"
- the role of the art director/client
- props, backgrounds and props stylist
- the role of the food stylist
- studio essentials
- lighting and selecting the right treatment
- shooting angles
- composition, making masks and shooting to a layout
- working tethered with Capture One
- Workflow and the importance of the Day book
- Photoshop and the role of the retoucher
The workshop will take place in Sue's specially-equipped London studio where she will explain her set up and the functions it fulfills.